Thursday, August 12, 2010
Saturday, July 3, 2010
1. Enjoyed very much the image generators and mashups.
The organization of collected photos can be very helpful. The sources of where one can get original sources were mind blowing. It is so important to go the direct sources so that students can discover the truth for themselves. Discovery is so powerful. For speech or broadcast I want my students to go to material where they can make personal judgments and not just a source where it has just been assembled for them.
2. I thought Google Doc was great, I was for more comfortable with this tool rather than Wikis . My students will be able to collaborate on projects together
3. I really enjoyed photostory. If I have mics for my students they can create stories and have then replayed as a speaking assignment. It will be helpful for students to use it as a story board for broadcast.
4. The search engines were amazing for the video, what a vast treasure of material. Students can go direct to the sources and analyze for the information and make their own decisions.
5. The IPod applications were so vast. Can’t wait to play with my very own.
Friday, July 2, 2010
2. Teachers need to be part of the learning process when it comes to students using digital media. In order for students to generate original ideas and have genuine products they need to go to original sources. Students need to be aware of where material is coming form who is doing the writing, what is their agenda? Students need to hyperlink as well to their source.
3. Technology is a wonderful way for students to work collaboratively. They can interact and publish with one another. Working digitally the students can manage a large body of work where all the parties are involved. As a teacher I can see the whole creative and team process.
4. Students need to be so aware of the constant restraints there needs for all to be held by a ethical standard being on the net. They need to be made aware of netiquette. In speech class, my students are shown what is acceptable in critiquing one another, they have been taught not to cut one down and embarrass others . Working collaboratively with other students on the net needs to make one even more on top of their game because more than just a class can see what one is writing, the words are in print. This needs to reflect in their daily lives as well.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Skype would be a wonderful tool for students to collaborate on projects together right from their own home. I must look into this further and see how many of my kids have this capability At home. This is great!!!!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
I'm so happy to know that there are so many search engines for finding these great sources.This is the TV show "Lie to Me". In communication I do a unit of body language, the students, have to tell the class lies and truths. I love this program because it all deals with reading ones body, facial expressions.
Appointment at Eleven. by Alfred Hitchock. The old time scenes are great for my broadcasting students. They were shot in black and white, hard contrast.This is a great way for them to test themselves on different shots and creating moods: open scene showing lead, shot establish with nose room, shooting into a mirror. Over the shoulder, lots medium shots, to show location
Monday, June 28, 2010
I have used Photostory before and the kids loved it, this was my first introduction to a simple form of editing. This is where one import material (photos) as individual clips to build a sequence. One than can add text, transitions and sets it to music. I selected a a range of general shots to show students the different elements to look for in capturing and creating
a visual story. This would be great for my students as they really have to look at different shots and be the judge as what is correct and what is not.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Wikis, helpful for students to collaborate with one another. This fall, broadcast will be working with Kelly Arbuckle’s journalism and Shaun Wegscheid’s year book. It will be great with their kids writing and my kids can add the video. I can see where in communication when kids are working in groups, this is an excellent way for the group members to share and develop ideas. I agree with Val, what really is the difference between this a Google doc's
Monday, June 14, 2010
Delicious, social bookmaking share information with others as well as different computers, Sharing bookmarks and having them tagged, others can see the same tags as you.
1.st go to delici ous.com, tag and then share. This is very handy
Rite of passage, modern day.
Editing, course material
In the company of others, communication material
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Reader is linking me directly to 5 other WAIS staff members. This is great because rather than having to check up on them it will automatically give me an update.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Thursday, May 27, 2010
(The Thistle photo can be found here).
How did I do the above?
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Invite others to comment when one leaves comments one needs to respond. This process allows others to contribute our own ideas and experiences and understanding thus all can have total knowledge. This is done by sharing and building on line.