Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tool #1

In setting up the blog initially it was daunting, but I realized that this was a better alternative than Facebook. I loved setting up the virtual Patty, who was definately good for my self esteem. My students say the advantage of a blog is more focused for a classroom setting, and students are not distracted with the social aspects of Facebook. Students also say it is easier to share information and email posts to a teacher. It is also easier to manage for searching and grading posts of students.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting observation from your students about FB vs blog and the fact that they would stay on task better with blog writing opportunities. Look forward to other points you will be sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty-

    Sorry to hear about your car accident. Hope you are feeling better. I don't use Facebook much for learning either. I know others do, but I also find it a bit distracting. Probably more my age than anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty - I liked hearing about your students' viewpoint on blogging vs. facebook. I also liked hearing about Seabrook!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that blogging is better for class interaction than facebook. I just couldn't picture it when the district said we could use it. I agree that there is way to much to distract the kids!

    ReplyDelete